The Littletons CE First School is committed to ensuring equality of education and opportunity for all students, staff, parents, guardians or carers. We welcome everyone, irrespective of race, gender, disability, belief, religion or socio-economic background.
As a school, we pay careful attention to ensuring that we:
- Eliminate unlawful discrimination, harassment and victimisation on any grounds;
- Advance equality of opportunity;
- Foster good relations and positive attitudes between all characteristics and different groups, in all activities.
The school follows advice from the Department for Education "The Equality Act and Schools 2010."
The Act makes it unlawful for the school to discriminate against, harass or victimise a pupil or potential pupil:
- In relation to Admissions;
- In the way it educates pupils;
- In the way it provides pupil access to any benefit, facility or service;
- By excluding a pupil or treating them detrimentally because of their race, gender, disability, belief, religion or socio-economic background.
This perspective is embedded in all the policies and practices at The Littletons School, and more widely across the DoWMAT, to ensure discrimination and inequality are tackled appropriately. Equality is an essential element of the Christian Vision and Values at The Littletons School.
The Littletons CE First School is committed to compliance with the Public Sector Equality Duty. Further information can be found through the following link:
The DoWMAT Equality Policy and the Equality Objectives for The Littletons School can be found below.